Josie smiling

Josie smiling
One ear up and one ear down...my trademark look

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hello Everyone!!!

Just wanted to say hello to everyone after a long absence. I won't go into a long-winded story, but a lot has been going on. What I will say, it through it all Josie and I have still been doing our Therapy Dog work and she has been working her magic. That being said, here is a little story. (There will be lots of little stories to try to catch up...)

This past spring, I had to go dermatologist to have a few moles removed. Nothing serious. One of the moles came back suspicious. Again, nothing serious, but the doctors wanted me to have the skin removed around the mole. I decided I didn't want this done until the end of the summer because I wouldn't be allowed to get any sun on my back. So, this past early October I go to have this procedure done. I am laying in the room and the doctor and nurse are performing the procedure. They are making conversation with me to take my mind off the fact that they are actually cutting me and removing some skin. I don't feel a thing and I mention that I do volunteer work at two of the local hospitals with my dog and we are a Certified Therapy Team. When they are done, the doctor leaves, but the nurse is finishing up with me and she says "My daughter had a therapy dog visit her when she was in the hospital..." and I say "Well, maybe it was Josie. Did the dog go up on the bed?" and she answered "I don't remember, so much was going on." and I said "Well, Josie is the only one who goes on the bed on a red blanket..." and I soon as I mentioned the red blanket, she stopped and looked at me and started crying. I looked at her and said "What's wrong?" She said "Nothing, it was Josie that visited her..she remembered the red blanket", so that's when I showed her a picture of Josie and she said "Yes, that's her" and she proceeded to tell her how much that visit meant to her daughter. That they weren't going to even let the dog visit her because her daughter is allergic to dogs, but her daughter really wanted to have the dog visit and that Josie was a wonderful experience that day and her daughter talked about it for weeks and weeks. And it meant so much to her. And she hugged and thanked me. So here I am having this surgery and I meet someone who Josie has touched. How sweet is that??? Soooo sweet. Well, she said her daughter is doing very well and never forgets what Josie did for her. Gotta love it!!

I will be posting a new post after Halloween complete with pictures. Hugs and woofs to all of you.
Much Love,
MB, Josie and Blues

And now...some pictures of my pups...
Josie making sure we're sailing the boat correctly...check out her ears...you can see how windy it was...two ears up!!
First Mate Josie making sure the port side is clear.
First Mate Josie on our last voyage of the season.
Josie looking cuter than ever on our new futons.
Mr. Blues all grown up and striking a pose!!!

18 comments:

  1. Very touching story !!!!

    We are happy to see you again Josie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to see you here again!

    Josie and Mr. Blues look really great! We miss you a lot though : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT to see you again in Blogland! I have missed you! That story was touching....you do such a great job....

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a small world, isn't it? That is such a great story.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I'm not sure if my comment went through, but I'll say this again:

    I am SO glad that you are back in the world of blogging. I've missed you. I am also looking forward to hearing ALL the stories. This particular story is extremely touching. I stand in awe of folk like you who dedicate themselves to serving others. What a darling Josie is...please don't take long leave again...:)
    sending lotsaluv
    MAXMOM IN SOUTH AFRICA

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so happy to see you back blogging. And glad that the moles were not anything serious.

    The story about the nurse's daughter brought tears to my eyes (in a good way)! What you and Josie do together is so important and wonderful. Thank you both!

    Love the sailing pics. Josie and Mr. Blues look terrific. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great story! Looks like Josie enjoys being on the boat. Mr. Blues has grown up!

    Thanks for your visit and comment on my photoblog. It's nice to see you back in the blogging world. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a sweet and touching story!! WELCOME BAck, we have missed you soo much. I hope that you are back fur good, we love hearing bout your work!! You both look fanstatic!!
    I have a new sister too since you have been gone. She is on my sidebar, an American Bulldog named Addy, I call her Dog-zilla!! BOL

    wags
    JAzzi and Addy

    ReplyDelete
  9. welcome back. you all look wonderful. can't believe how Mr Blues has grown up so fast. a very heart touching story that proves what a small world we live in. does Mr Blues do therapy also? they are both beautiful. i notice MB's ear stood up, as a pup he looked like Josie. i love that floppy ear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HEY HEY HEY JOSIE,
    Girlfriend it is so good to hear form you and YES indeed I remember you and your boy Blue.
    Congrats on the Therapy Certification. I know that was something very high on your Mom's to do list. What a sweet story about one of your visits. Mom and I have bookmarked your blog and will stay in touch.
    Mom retired from NCSU on Apil 1, 2011. She is now home with me and Dad ALL DAY LONG 24/7.
    Hugs from your BFFF,
    Madi (I'm still a Diva)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Josie, Thank you for your visit.
    What a great inportant kind thing you do,
    its very touching and a nice post.
    Congratulations on your Thorapy Cirtificates.
    Licks Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back after a long absence. Look forward to watching your beautiful fur kids grow up and have adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a sweet story, Josie has touched so many lives and left many memories.

    It is so good to see you back again, you have been missed. Mr. Blues has certainly grown up, he is looking good.

    Can't wait to see more photos and hear some stories.

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am SOOOO happy to see you back. I have missed you. I left you comments on your last post because I didn't have your email and was worried about you. I am glad to hear that you, Josie and Mr. Blues are doing well. Wow, Mr. Blues is all grown up and now and SO handsome. Is he going to be a therapy dog as well? We have a new pup, Bokeh, and he is currently in therapy training. He seems so social so I hope it works out and not another failure in the therapy department as we love seeing people smile by sharing our pups with them. (HUGS) so happy your back and hope that they got everything removed during your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a touching story and how nice to know you and Josie had made someone so happy.
    We are sure you do this all the time but it must be great when you meet someone like that.
    Licks Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Josie!


    My name is Tammy. I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. I just wasn't sure how else to reach you. I sincerely apologize if this comes across as spam, that is not the intent. With Christmas just around the corner, I thought you might be interested in our latest infographic "Are You A Doggie for Christmas Kind of Mom?". You can view it at Flickr.com: http://www.flickr.com/photos/106131018@N08/11241972855/ (Preview) . FYI (in case you're not familiar) Flickr.com is owned by Yahoo!. It's a very safe site and won't hurt your computer. To download the infographic right click on it and Flickr will show you some options.

    If you like this infographic and want to share it with your readers, please feel free to do so. The only thing that we ask in return is that you link back to TheUncommonDog dot com in some way from your post.

    As a way of showing our appreciation to those who choose to share the infographic, I'd be happy to spread the word about the blog post by linking to it from our Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ pages. Just let me know that you posted it and send me the link.

    If you'd like to be removed from our contact list, please let me know.

    Happy Holidays!
    Tammy Sexton
    Marketing Coordinator
    Tammy at TheUncommonDog dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, are you looking to bring the blog back?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Once you have completed filling your details in, all you have to do is wait for all your goods to arrive. Once the delivery vehicle has left, you can begin to unpack your boxes, and this is the moment when your pets realise that there is something for them inside! They can smell the treats and anticipate all of the other wonders. reflective dog gear

    ReplyDelete

Leave woofs here!