Josie smiling

Josie smiling
One ear up and one ear down...my trademark look

Thursday, February 11, 2010

UPDATE ON "RESCUE"!!!























I opened my eyes this morning and waited for someone to call my new name. If I could just hear this I would be free from worry.  And then it happened, someone called "Rescue".  It is for real, a new name and a new start at life. I want to get up but I could not.  I tried over and over but I am just too weak. I needed to let them know I heard my name so I lifted my head.  Everyone around me looked very happy.  Now all I need is to hear that familiar voice who whispered to me just the night before.  And then she came and that voice made everything more real.  I am saved.  I need not worry anymore.  I trust my new friends.  They did what they said they would do, help me through this.  I feel a heartwarming relief that my new friends will not fail me as I have been failed in the past.  This is important to me for my healing because my emotional pain seems to be leaving me and that will give me more strength to conquer my physical pain.  I will forgive the humane who discarded me and begin my life with trusting people.  Thank you all for giving me the chance to trust again. I am told that I have badly injured my front left leg and I may loose it.  I also injured my front right shoulder but I must wait to see how bad it is.  As far as my back end, well, we just have to wait and see what happens.  It is way too early to tell.  I feel much better and have a positive attitude.  My spirits are good.  Without the help and prayers of you, I don't know if I would have opened my eyes this morning.  I realize now how important to my new friends it is for me to pull through.  I am trying very hard. Alex has been such a big part in my recovery.  She has gone over and beyond for me.  I want to soon get up and run over to all of you and feel you touch me.  I am looking forward to that day.  For now, I am tired and will need to go so I can get my rest.  My only wish for tonight is to wake up again and hear someone calling "Rescue".

"Today was a quiet day for me.  After looking out the window I am so glad that I am not wondering outside in this weather looking for food and shelter.  It makes me sad to think of all the others that are still out there waiting and praying to be saved.  There are so many humans that help us but more that discard us each day.  I once heard someone say that the soul would have no rainbow if the eye had no tear.  My tears are not able to be seen by you but for now my tears are shed for others like I was only a few days ago."

"I received a beautiful letter from someone today.  She read my story and responded to me with kind thought and comforting words.  If you get the chance, take a minute to read this.  I will read it one more time and then return to resting.  Again, I will be looking forward to tomorrow and my recovery so I can extend my never-ending loyalty to you for all you are doing for me."

Faithfully,
Rescue

Letter which Rescue received:

"You never met me and probably never will, yet I know so much about you.  It breaks my heart when I think of all the torture you had to go through and I thank God you finally found so many people who love and will take care of you.  Think of the voice that whispered in you ear, she is the one that brought you here, she is the one that will stand by your side, she won't give up, she never does, she's your angel sent from above.  This angel's name is Sharon, she saves so many, but never enough, the job she has is really tough.  She's not looking for someone to blame, she just wants you to live for her, she's the one that gave you your name.  You have a long road to go down, you won't go alone.  When you get better you'll have a brand new home.  So PLEASE wake up each day and fight to stay alive, so many people are praying for you  to survive.  Right  now all we can do is pray, pray for you to get strong enough so the vet can decide  what has to be done to make you better and keep you alive.  You have come this far, PLEASE don't give up, be brave, stay strong, this was so very wrong, lets make it right PLEASE RESCUE WIN THIS FIGHT."

Thank You to all the prayers and love everyone is sending for "Rescue". She is one of many, but at least she has a chance now, thanks to Animal Rescues such as Adopt-A-Pet. Please keep those prayers and happy thoughts coming. I will be posting updates as I receive them. Can you imagine her being out in the streets in this snow? She never would have made it after being hit by that car. The thought is just too much for me to bear.

Much Love to all of you! Woof Soon!

22 comments:

  1. So good to hear the update about Rescue. Already she looks like she is feeling better, though she obviously has a long road of healing ahead of her. I am amazed she can be up in that position, considering her injuries. What a strong girl!

    Sending Rescue love and prayers and positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you fur the update, we are sending her lots of love.

    Luv,
    Cloud

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Josie just wanted to answer your question...my dad was in the Marine Reserves...I learned all I know from him....and if you'll notice...I never have to get on him.

    Dear Rescue,
    God bless your wonderful caregivers and your
    strong will to live.....keep fighting sweet friend.
    Hugs from Madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. rescue is beautiful and I am glad she is getting better. thanks for sharing her story and her letter she recieved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rescue,

    We are very happy to hear you are doing better. You are in good hands now. Take care!

    Waggles,
    Bijou

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rest comfortably Recuse....I am so happy God sent someone to take care of you....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very happy to hear that Rescue is making small steps and doing better.

    That letter was very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely update about Rescue.

    Wizz :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful news, it is great to hear Rescue is feeling better.

    Rescue,
    Cindi Lou wants you to know she understands what it's like to be discarded by someone you trusted. She understands living on the street and having to find food and stay warm. But most importantly she knows that you can learn to trust and love again. You can be safe and have a forever home.
    Get well soon Rescue.

    Thanks for the update Josie.

    Hugs & Purrs,
    Judy and Cindi Lou

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh look at that sweet sweet face!! her eyes make my heart melt. i hope she isn't in any pain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're glad to hear that Rescue is starting to mend!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am very happy for Rescue!
    Paws crossed for her!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay Rescue! Rooting for you, keep up the good work, you'll get better.

    Aine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Josie' mom -
    Thank you for the response on my cooking/baking/freezing questions. I really appreciate it! =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy to read its going better !!!!!
    Yeahhhh...

    ((hugs)) Kareltje =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful news Rescue. We are all so happy that you woke up feeling so much better!! We will be back to check on your progress. God bless all the little puppies. Humans threw me away too..out of their car. But love has found me and my life is now wonderful. You too have been resued and life will be wonderful and full of love. Rest well my friend, Mistaya

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rescue has such a sweet, sweet face. I hope she continues to make progress and her story has a happy ending.

    In case you hadn't seen it, I left you info about my camera in a comment under "many roles" post.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love your blog and all the work you do for animals!! I've been really touched by the stories i've read here. I want you to have the Superior Scribbler Award. Please stop by my blog and pick it up!! Keep up the good work!! I hope Rescue is feeling better today! Give her a cuddle for me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Valentine's day to all ....

    ((hugs)) Kareltje =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow - that was spot on! i just love how you wrote that and the emotion it emits. Thanks for what you do - from one rescuer to another.

    ReplyDelete
  21. P.S. we've been waiting a year to get Pebbles therapy dog certified (must be a yr old) and now ... WOO HOO she'll be official in just two weeks!! We are thrilled! and I've already got my second dog in training. Abbi will be perfect

    We will def be reading through your blog for tips and fun blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Leave woofs here!